3 OCT: Legs again

My wife and I met our quota of relaxation on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. My son was playing at a friend's house, and my daughter was out riding her bike, so we decided on an outdoor leg workout. MAN! Creativity can hurt!!!!

  1. Walking bodyweight lunges x 2 sets: We went down the sidewalk to the stop sign and back; about 50-60 yards round trip.
  2. Farmer's walk: We warmed up with the same distance as lunges (50-60 yards) but it was too easy. So we went down the street in the opposite direction till we crossed 5 driveways. Round trip was about 200 yards. I did 2 sets with a 95lb barbell. Not heavy by any measure, but my grip was toast 1/2 way into the 2nd set.
  3. Walking lunge: We finished with one more set of lunges to the stop sign and back.

That may not sound like much, as far as time or load, but holy crap!!!! I was at the grocery store shortly after and pushing the cart was difficult. My wife was putting away dishes later that night and her leg buckled!!! This was fun!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing