Recovery / Peak plan starts today

I feel like I've experienced more than deconditioning over the last couple of weeks. I was lvoing CrossFit, but couldn't handle the "not knowing". Since i was only going to the gym twice a week, not knowing what was on the agenda made it hard for me to know what to do on my own the rest of the week.

Well, Since I can't handle the intensity of CrossFit for another 3 weeks, I'm going to start traditional strength training for a while, and build back up to CrossFit.

For the next 5 weeks, I'm going to focus on strength and power, while doing some low-level jogging. The reason for prioritizing strength and power is because of the Highland Games competition in 3 weeks. The Reason for doing the cardio is because of the Warrior Dash in 5 weeks. Conflicting priorities? Yes. Short on time? Yes. Determination? HELL YEAH!


The Plan

I'm going to follow a 6-day training week.

Day 1:

  • Horizontal push: 5 x 5
  • Vertical push: 4 x 12
  • Unilateral tighs: 3 x 12
  • Bilateral thighs: 5 x 10
  • Bilateral calves: 4 x 20

Day 2:

  • Rotational strength: 2 x 10-15
  • Frontal abdominals: 2 x 10-20
  • Reverse curls: 4 x 12
  • Hammer curls: 4 x 12
  • Supine grip curls: 4 x 6
  • Reverse grip tricep extensions: 4 x 12
  • Rope grip overhead extensions: 4 x 12
  • Skull crushers: 4 x 6

Day 3: Off

Day 4:

  • Horizontal pull: 5 x 5
  • Vertical pull: 4 x 12
  • Unilateral hip / hams: 3 x 12
  • Bilateral hip / hams: 5 x 5
  • Unilateral calves: 3 x 50

Day 5:

  • Rotational strength: 2 x 10-15
  • Frontal abdominals: 2 x 10-20
  • Forearm extension: 2 x 20
  • Forearm flexion: 2 x 20
  • Bicep / tricep bilateral supersets: 5 x 5 each

Day 6: Off

Start over at day 1. This should get me a kick-start for both the strength and size i've lost over the last month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing