Improvise, adapt, overcome

So I didn't even come close to finishing my workout last night. Now I'm on the fence. Do I finish the workout today, or do more sport specific conditioning?

If I lift, it'll be mostly dips and rows, with some curls as well. Sounds boring already

I'm leaning toward a boxer's workout. I don't even know what to call it. I suppose you could sum it up as Perpetual Motion.

The start is just a standard warm-up and skills&drills:
  • 2 rounds of jump rope (3 min work, 1 min rest)
  • 2 rounds of heavy bag, hands only (3 min work, 1 min rest)
  • 2 rounds of heavy bag, kickboxing (3 min work, 1 min rest)

Conditioning: Change movements every 30 seconds, and repeat for a full 3 minutes. Each 30 second segment performed at maximum speed, and no rest between movements

4 x 3minute rounds:

  • Shadow box (30 seconds)
  • Squat jumps (30 seconds)
  • Hindu pushups (30 seconds)
  • Side barrier hops (30 seconds)
  • Ab wheel (30 seconds)
  • Knees to heavy bag (30 seconds)

This looks great on paper, but I'm not 100% sure I can maintain full speed for 30 seconds on all 6 movements. I ay treat this as a Tabata style workout tonight and do 20 seconds full tilt followed by a 10 second rest. We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing