30 AUG: Heavy bag

I was tired, but bored, so I decided to work the heavy bag again. The basic rule I always follow is a slow warm-up, then work on crisp clean form. Once my form is spot on, I gradually pick up the pace. After a few rounds of fast paced work with crisp form, I work on power. Normally I end with a conditioning drill, but i was too tired today.

8 rounds (3 min work, 1 min rest)

Rnd1: Straight punches while circling the bag
Rnd2: Lead kicks and round kicks while circling the bag
Rnds 3, 4, 5: All forms of punches with emphasis on head movement (ducking, slipping, rolling)
Rnd6: Power kicking drills (lead, rear, side kicks, back kicks,). Reset at each kick and focus on speed and power
Rnd7: Power punching drills (mostly hooks)
Rnd8: punch-kick combos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing