6 JUL: Boxing

My training partner has come a long way. He got his protective gear over the weekend, so we were able to spar for the 1st time. We did 3 easy rounds on the heavy bag to loosen up and went straight into sparring.

My driveway makes for one hot boxing ring. We did 6 rounds of 3min/1min and were pretty tired by the end of it.

Round 1 and 2 were just straight punches to get my partner acclimated to the idea of hitting me and getting hit. Round 3-6 were full boxing. We threw everything quickly but lightly; can't learn anything when you are getting your bell rung.

I think sparring will be once every other week for a while. We still need to work on close-range tools and tactics: clinch, elbows, knees, takedown and takedown-defense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing