22 JUL: fight training

I am so sore and and so tired from all the lifting. It's really taking a toll on me, but I am seeing rapid gains in size and strength. I have to say, though, I'm frustrated to see that size and strength gains come at a cost to my athleticism. Today's fight training felt harder than normal.

General warm-up:
1. jump rope: 5rnds (2min/30 sec)


Skills warm-up:
2A. heavy bag punch/kick/knees: 3rnds (2min/1min)
2B. stretching: 3rnds (2min/1min)

Hard fight training:
3A. heavy bag - full effort: 3rds (3min/1min)
3B. shadow boxing: 3rnds (3min/1min)

Burnout drills: (rotated every other round with partner)
4. Hooks only. 4 rnds each (3min/30 sec) - 8 rnds total
I would call combos using a 1-4 system. The guy on the bag would punch those combos out till the round ended. Then we'd swap and he'd call combos for me.
1 = left hook - head
2 = right hook - head
3 = left hook - body
4 = right hook - body

This was brutal! Each combo was thrown for maximal effect. Max power, cleanest form, and max speed. I almost threw up during the 3rd round.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing