26 JUL: Upper body

Well, this is the last week of Phase 2. After that, I have 1.5 weeks till I go on vacation. Instead of starting Phase 3, I'll just do Crossfit WODs as they appear on the website. I hope they are conditioning / stamina dominant workouts, as that will help me get more hiking done on vacation.

I got a late start tonight, so my results aren't the best ever.

  1. Pullup: BW x 7, 8
  2. One-arm T-bar row: 50 x 12 (each arm)
  3. Inverted row: BW x 11
  4. Incline bench press: 175 x 8, 8
  5. Dips: BW x 6
  6. Skull crusher: 95 x 8, 8
  7. Prone raise: 20s x 8
  8. Lateral raise: 20s x 8
  9. Incline DB curls: 25s x 13, 8, 6
  10. EZ-bar rvs curls: 65 x 12, 12, 12
  11. Ab wheel: 10

My biceps are finally catching up to my torso and triceps. I know I've been doing lighter weights, but the added reps are pushing me into a pain barrier that I never reached with heavy weights or compound-only movements like rows. As much as I'm a proponent of focusing on compount (i.e. multi-joint) exercises and training body movement vs. muscles, I have to admit that doing direct bicep work is working faster and better than anything I've done before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing