2 JUL: Packing for the extended hiking trip

Thank God my wife and I both have Monday off. Turns out the kids will spend this weekend with their mom, so my wife and I are making the 6-7 hr drive to Quitaque, TX to spend 2 days in Caprock Canyon State Park. There are about 15 miles of trail within the park grounds, and another 64 miles that are connected to the park grounds.

I know we'll defeinitely get in 15 miles on Saturday morning, but I'm not sure about Sunday, as we have to make the drive back to Austin (Pflugerville actually).

Just for fun, we're taking a couple of predator calls to see if we can get a glimpse of coyotes or mountain lion. It's been 7 years since I had my first and only incounter with a mountain lion in the wild.

I'm going to get my workout in later this afternoon. I expect to see shabby output as I didn't fall asleep till 3:00 AM this morning. Also, I'm worried if I push too hard, the 7hr drive tonight might be too difficult.

We shall see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing