1 FEB: Track Practice

I enrolled my kids in a track conditioning program. We've been doing this for about 3 years now. My fiance and I are running with the group (ages 6 to about 16). The workout is about an hour, with lots of emphasis on stretching, form, and progresssive buildup. We started with a 3/4 mile jog, then the stretches, and various forms plyos for 30 yards for many many "sets". After that we got to the real meat of the workout; 30 yard Accelerations.

An acceleration is essentially a 10 yard jog and 20 yard sprint. I forgot how many times we ran that. I was winded by the time we started the Accelerations, and DONE by the time we finished. We concluded with more stretching.

It amazes me to see how kids can be 100% exhausted, and fully recovered in about 3 minutes. It was tons of fun for the four of us to put forth this much physical effort together.

Comments

plieb said…
eli had his 1st soccer practice on sunday. i too was amazed by the recovery and endurance of little tykes. im also amazed by their flexibility and ability to avoid injuries. eli had several spills on sunday that would have caused me permanent injury!

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing