22 FEB: Track practice

Round Rock Track Club is blessed to be run by Coach Calvin. This man is giving, encouraging, motivating an can tell these kids "like it is" when they need it. The children range in age from 5 up through high school-age.

He had me on the verge of throwing up, and just kept laughing, as he saw me go from bad to worse with each successive circuit.

Warm-up: 3/4 mile.


Build up: Performed the following for 40 yards:
  1. Walking knee to chest
  2. Walking lunges
  3. Side lunges
  4. Loose skipping
  5. Accelerations (20yd jog + 20yd sprint): performed 10 times

Work-out: Two conditioning stations set about 100 yards aparts. Did my best to sprint from one to the next, but it quickly became a crawl.

  1. 15 Jump squats (sprint 100yds)
  2. 25 prisoner squats (sprint 100yds)
  3. 10 each rotational pushups (sprint 100yds)
  4. 12 clapping pushups (sprint 100yds)
  5. 15 each lunges (sprint 100yds)
  6. 15 burpees (sprint 100yds)
  7. 15 each Mountain climbers (sprint 100yds)
  8. 12 burpees (sprint 100yds)
  9. 20 jumping jacks (sprint 100yds)
  10. REST: 5 mins

We were supposed to repeat this again, but I Only got through maybe 4 more stations after the rest before I stopped. I truly ran out of steam.

Its amazing to watch 12 year old kids fly through this round after round after round. I can only hope is to be 12 when I grow up!!!!!!

Comments

plieb said…
its really incredible how much endurance little kids have. makes me think evolution really only planned for us to make it to our teens. the rest of the way, we're on our own.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing