July 8th: Sprints again

Yesterday's session was 4 x 400 meters. It is only one mile, but it hurts like nothing else. My shins and lower calves still hurt pretty severely, but rubbing them down afterwards with my ice-filled pipe is helping. On the 3rd run, I did something that I haven't done in at least a year.

I quit.

At about 200 yards into my sprint, I just shut down and walked. It was horrible. Sure my body hurt, but my mind just flipped the "Wuss Out" switch and I stopped running.

I finished the 4th with a great deal of pain, but I finished. I have promised myself that I won't ever do that again.

Comments

Chris Smith said…
Won't quit running or won't run sprints again? I like the frozen pipe as healing tool. Secondary use as a weapon.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing