4th of July: more sprints, and a new torture

I was able to muster up the mental strength to sprint 2 laps. my times are solid, but my lower calves (soleus) and shins are in bad shape. About 20 yards into my 3rd sprint, the pain was unreal, so I stopped there.

I decided to make my own recovery tool. I went to home depot and bought a 1.25 inch steel pipe that is 12 inches long and threaded on both ends. I filled it with water, and capped both ends. I froze it then used this insanely cold device to smash up all the soreness and adhesion in my calves and shins. The steel transfers heat very well, so it feels exceptionally cold.

I will continue to use this daily in hopes of being able to sprint with less pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing