Supplement purchase: I'm skeptical

Bad news for this bear. I got my bodyfat assessment and it was up significantly since I had it last done in july. I'm not sure the reading was very accurate, because I can still my abdominals outlined very easily, except for the lowest segment. In any event, I decided to add a supplement to my regimine because recovery has been slow after sprints.

Alpha Male is just a great name for a purported testosterone booster. The ingredients are all backed by numerous studies, but the whole supplement industry is still hasn't eveolved much from its "snake oil" roots. Some of the pclaimed benefits include:
  • faster recover times
  • faster strength gains
  • increased fat loss
Alpha Male is made by one of the better companies, Biotest. Feel free to read about the supplement here: http://www.t-nation.com/productInfo.do?id=1054351

At the end of this 4 week phase, I'm going to do another BF% assessment, along with baseline my Crossfit total and rest-of-the-world total. I took my first dose today. Time will tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing