4 DEC: Low Intensity Intervals

I decided to change it up a bit. A little more volume, a little lower intensity.

12 rounds of 2min walk / 1min jog.

I opted for 1 min jog over 30 second sprint for a variety of reasons.


  1. Mental training: After running a mile, I realized I get bored easily after running for more than 30 seconds. :)

  2. Additional volume of impact: My shins and calves need a bit more pounding to adapt to running for any distance. By doubling the interval time, I could feel the increased demand to my feet, shins, and calves

  3. Energy conservation: With a heavy dose of squats set for Thursday, and a hard core MetCon coming up on Friday, I wanted to lower the intensity today.

I'll be back to 30 second runs / sprints on Friday or Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing