22 JAN: Evening Abs work

My wife is prepping for her first amateur physique show. She's been doing all the staples of bodybuilding - split routines, ultra high frequency, moderate volume, cardio, abs, cardio, cardio, cardio!

This isn't for me, but my wife is looking great at only 2 weeks in. Keep in mind that she is training for peak appearance, not peak performance. This isn't anything I'd ever attempt as way to get better at sport.

That said, I know there is plenty to be gained from training my core with her. So I did a core workout with Jaime Sunday night.



  • Gobs and gobs of plank varieties

  • Swiss ball crunches

  • Modified weighted V-ups

  • Bottom-half Turkish get-up and plank

  • swiss ball step-offs

  • leg raises, focusing on lower abdominal vacuum.


My core is sore today. Very cool stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing