7 DEC: part2

Work prevented me from making it to the RunTex group, but I still got in a solid running workout.
  1. warm-up: 2 mile walk

    The next few exercises I did at the basketball court in my neighborhood park:
  2. walking lunges: 20, 20 (total, so 10 per leg)
  3. Plyo-skips across court: 4 times
  4. Broad jumps to half-court: 8, 7, 7, 7 (The goal was to do it in as few jumps as possible. I am within inches of doing it in 6 jumps!!!! This is a new favorite drill of mine. It's right in the sweet spot between quantity and quality.)
  5. 1/4 mile runs: I did 4 hard runs, using what I read about POSE running. I felt fast for a run (but not a sprint). Since I'm already a fore-foot runner, it didn't hurt my feet. What I noticed is that I was expending less effort, but working more aerobically. I also felt the fatigue in my hams instead of my quads and calves. I really like how the lean makes you feel like you're gliding!!!
  6. Walk back to the house: about 1/2 mile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing