3 DEC: Abs and arms-volume focus

What a great day. To be honest, training only bicep and triceps in a workout is boring, but I am starting to enjoy the excruciating pain that volume training brings. My arms are so swollen right now.

Today was also great in that I exposed my weaknesses and kept the spotlight on them for the whole workout.

  1. Reach & rotate bridge: 6, 6 (per side. I'm VERY weak in this function)
  2. leg-under bridge: 5, 5 (per side. yet another way to expose my weak bridging function and instability)
  3. leg raise off bench: 20, 27 (pretty good)
  4. Unilateral tricep tri-set*
    a. 1-arm cross body extension: 25 x 10, 10, 10 (per arm)
    b. 1-arm overhead dumbbell extension: 25 x 5, 5; 15 x 10 (per arm)
    c. 1-arm rvs grip cable pushdown: 30 x 6, 4; 20 x 6 (per arm)
  5. Cable overhead extension: 60 x 11, 12, 11
  6. Unilateral bicep tri-set*
    a. 1-arm concentration curl: 30 x 10, 10 (per arm)
    b. 1-arm preacher curl: 15 x 10, 10 (per arm)
    c. 1-arm preacher hammer curl: 15 x 10, 4 (per arm)
  7. Nautilus curl drop-set: 90x5-80x3-70x5-60x5
  8. Reverse grip EZ bar curl: 45 x 12, 12, 12, 12

*Unilateral tri-sets: MAN!!! Ian King sucks, but the man knew what he was doing. I was exposed to this sort of training circa 2000 when Ian King started publishing on Testosterone online magazine (www.t-nation.com). I tried using the same weight for all three movements, but my endurance is for shit. 15 pounds felt like 55. I also saw just how much weaker my right is than my left, thanks to sports injuries which have lead to arthritis in my right AC (acromioclavicular) joint. I may extend this phase to 4 weeks instead of 3. There is much benefit to be had here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing