27 DEC: phase 2 begins

After a week-long layoff, I'm back at it. It was simply too busy for me to find the hour a day, or the mental, emotional, or physical energy to devote to that hour. I don't often use that excuse, but I can say in all honesty that it was true of last week.

Monday, 27 DEC, was my first time of doing 100 reps of squats in ages. Last time I did this, maybe a year+ ago, I used 135. This time it was 185, and I need to bump the weight up considerable next week. Here's the workout results:
  1. Leg press calves: 270 x 15; 360 x 15, 15
  2. Standing calves: 195 x 20, 18
  3. Back squat: 185 x 10 x 10. That's a total tonnage of 18,500 pounds!!!!! Next week I'll bump that up to 20,500!!!!!

Those squats exhausted me. I didn't get nauseous so much as just generally sick feeling around set 7. I sat around the gym cooling down before I headed home. When I finally got home, all I could do was eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing