4 DEC: Hardest day yet!

Saturday was the hardest day of Phase 1 - week 1 and harder than pretty much any other workout in recent months. I challenge anyone who takes a casual read of my blog to do this. I know CrossFitters will crush the times I posted, but either way, this was tough!!!!

Part One: Countdown From Hell.
A count down is where you start at 10 rep, then hit 9, then 8, etc. all the way to 1 rep to finish. That's 55 total reps. I paired three movements as a ciircuit, doing a set of 10 for each, then a set of 9 for each, etc.
  • 63lb T-bell (AKA Ghetto-bell) Swings
  • 63lb T-ball Goblet squat
  • Sprawl (similar to a burpee but with more back arch and no jump)

My time: 12:55. Not good
My wife CrossFits consistently at Defiant. She used a 30lb dumbbell and hit 7:09. It was awesome to watch. I'm going to do this one again in 2 weeks and see how I do. Next Saturday will be something different, but equally hard.

Part Two: Bike Ride.

We had lunch, waited an hour, then went for a ride. The cold front was moving in, so the wind made the ride significantly harder. We were gone for 2.5 hours and hit as many hills as we could find. My quads were on fire for a while, then they just went numb. The goblet squats and sprawls had already exhausted my quads earlier. I'm not sure how far we went because we ventured off our normal routes, but we spend 2.5 hours hoofing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing