15 NOV: more intervals

My wife joined me Monday night for a run around Lake Pflugerville. She's so awesome! She isn't able to run as fast as I can, just because of mechanical/structural differences between us, but she can sustain any effort as long as she has to.

Anyway, we did more 100/50 pace intervals. She didn't count paces but just followed me. I would barely hit 90 paces as she finished her 100; her strides are much shorter and turn over quicker. So she was doing more like 115/60. :)

It was nice to have a partner out there, because I could feel myself pushing harder during the 100 count runs. These runs were closer to sprints.

As we neared the end of the loop, we decided to race the last 1/4 mile. My plan was to run at a pace that was near her max, and the turn it to a full sprint in the last 100 yards. That's what I did, and I finished well ahead of her. My lungs were on fire. 20 seconds later, my wife was talking like nothing had happened, and I was still sucking wind!!! It took me about 30 seconds to recover; not too shabby.

Days till Warrior Dash: 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing