11 NOV: BAD DOG!


My boxer Kodiak (Kodi for short) really screwed up my workout today. We've run the loop at Lake Pflugerville a hundred times, and for some reason, he just wasn't up for the intervals today.

We started with a warm-up walk of about 1/4 mile, then went right into 110/50 pace intervals. I bumped up the run portion to 110 (from 100) just for fun.

By mile 2 or 2.5, my dog was so damn slow that I took him off the leash and let him play in the lake for a bit to cool down.

After that, he was good for a leisurely trot, while I continued on with the intervals. I wanted to sprint the last 1/4 mile, but I was getting far enough ahead of Kodi that I ended up waiting for him to catch up, and we both just walked it in.

I'll do some abdominal and rotational strength work tomorrow, which will give Kodi a day off. After that, he should be good to join me on some 400m sprints. I may even get in an 800m, if I feel like it.

Days till Warrior Dash: 9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing