Elbow juice; not grease



WTF??? Man, I have finally decided I am not going to be derailed by any more injuries or "set-backs". I'm just going to suck it up and do what I can to 1) work around the injury or 2) work through it if I have to.

That is a picture of everything the doctor drained from my elbow on Wednesday afternoon. And he only got about 1/2 of the total fluid.


I busted up my leg and elbow last month when I fell on an oyster reef in the Gulf of Mexico. Well, looks like my elbow took more of a beating than I thought. It has been hurting all month, and then finally, on 3 JUL, it just started swelling. I hadn't had any other injuries. It just swole to the size of a lemon or lime with fluid right under my elbow skin.



Acute bursitis. Most likely some oyster fragments doing damage for the last month. Well, I went to the doctor's office on Wednesday, 6 JUL and had almost all of the fluid drained via syringe, and then the kind doctor refilled it with Cortisone, and then prescribed me some powerful anti-inflammatory.



I have been icing it and keeping a compression strap on it, but that hasn't stopped me. I'll post my paltry arm workout separately. I'm cautious about the deadlift workout scheduled for 8 JUL in the morning. Ah well. I'm doing it anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing