12 JUL: 15 mile ride

It was hot, and the ride was fast. I got my wife a pair of road tires for her mountain bike. She has a 45 mile road race coming up, so it made sense to make her mountain bike a little more road-worthy. And what a difference it made. She normally lags behind me by about 50 to 200 yards, just depending on how hard I'm pushing myself. And I usually have to stop and let her catch up.

With these new tires, she was actual right at my side. We decided on a 1 mile race that had 3 different "sections"



  • 1st section - 1/4 mile of twisties (All Adrian)

  • 2nd section - 1/2 mile uphill slope (Jaime took the lead but I punched it and reached the top first)


  • 3rd section - ~1/4 or less of flat to slightly downhill (Jaime burned me bad here. I had better top speed, but my tires are so big and gnarly that I couldn't sustain my top speed as long as she could. Jaime won by ~70 yards)

End result: Jaime takes the checkered flag, and we both burst our lungs and fried our legs.


After all that, we still had about 8 or 9 miles to go before we finished the ride. That little 1 mile race took it's toll on us both. GREAT FUN and a great break in the work day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing