Next phase starts today!!

I've become a big fan of CrossFit, but I don't think I'll ever train this way exclusively. It makes a nice conditioning phase, and I could probably to it for up to six weeks at a time, but there are some gaps.

In the last 5 weeks, my conditioning has come up to level of where I was last year as I peaked for my 1st pro fight (which didn't happen, sadly). But over the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some changes I am not as pleased with. Some are cosmetic, and others functional.

So my hybrid phase starts today.

My arms have always been too small for my torso, so I'm incorporating Ian King's 12 week arm cycle.

Monday AM: Arm workout A
Monday PM: CrossFit* or MMA @ XFC gym

Tuesday AM: Whole body strength day
Tuesday PM: MMA @ XFC gym or CrossFit*

Wednesday: Scott Abel's shoulder workout

Thursday AM: Arm workout B
Thursday PM: CrossFit*

Friday AM: Whole body hypertrophy day
Friday PM: CrossFit*

*CrossFit workouts: I'll be cherry picking WODs that emphasize running and conditioning, and will do my best to ensure there isn't much overlap with the other planned workouts.

Comments

plieb said…
what were the cosmetic changes you did not like?
MMAdrian said…
I need callogen injections. Ha! Kidding. I just see a decrease in the size of my legs and back. I'm sure some of it is because I'm getting leaner, but maybe not all of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing