Not too shabby; starting a week early

Not too shabby! I have been training for size with no thought to strength, but I caved to positive peer pressure. My wife and I were running a table at the MetroFlex 911 Power Meet on Saturday 1/15. But the guys I train with (more accurately -guys who train when I train) talked me into entering. I didn't participate in the bench press; just the deadlift.

I weighed in at 220 and deadlifted 395 then 415 EASY!!! For my 3rd attempt, I went for 450. I figured why not just go for it. Well, I COULD have done it but my for gave way just a bit too much. As I pulled up, I didn't put enough emphasison pulling back, so the bar drifted about 3-4 inches forward, and that was all she wrote. I didn't make it above my knees. I know I can pull 450 but just not that day.

Starting a week early
I have decided to start my Hybrid Strength Training a week early. The weather is gorgeous, so I am ready to get my stamina on! That, and the 450 miss has me chomping at the bit to start working heavy again. Today will be whole body strength training.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing