8 days a week

I'm back to a training schedule that has worked best for me in the past.  High frequency, moderate variety, escalating intensity.

I'll be following a 3-on; 1-off schedule:
  • Day 1: push, biceps, abs
  • Day 2: legs and calves
  • Day 3: pull, triceps, abs
  • Day 4: off
So that's only 4 days per cycle.  Why am I saying 8 days a week???
Simple.  I have found that I can make consistent progress on squats or deadlifts as fast as with any upper body lifts.  On cycles 1,3, 5, 7 etc., I'll train squats.  On cycles 2, 4, 6, 8 etc I'll train deadlifts.

I just went through Day 1 on Wednesday night and I'm sore!  I can't wait to do it again in 4 days.

One critical aspect of high frequency training is post workout recovery nutrition.  I'm confident the addition on PWR shakes and the additional frequency should help me hit my goal of 240lbs at 15% BF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing