7 MAR: Reboot

Man, I am so tired of these setbacks for 2011. My hernia, hurt back, and then a pulled hamstring. I gave the ham a week off and I'm back at it with lower than usual intensity, but mich higher frequency. I'm keeping things light and simple.

Monday was the first real workout in a week.

*Warm-up: 15 minutes on treadmill @3.7mph and 5 degree incline

**Prep Complex:
A) Sumo grip high pull: 55 x 6, 6, 6
B) Hang snatch: 55 x 6, 6, 6
C) Thruster: 55 x 6, 6, 6
D) Bent row: 55 x 6, 6, 6


Strength work:
  1. Flat back goodmorning: 55 x 10, 12, 12 (rehab loading)
  2. leg press: 180 x 20; 230 x 18, 21 (rehab loading)
  3. Rope grip cable row: 75 x 10, 10, 10
  4. Neutral grip pulldown: 100 x 10, 10, 10
  5. Incline dumbbell bench press: 55s x 10, 7; 45s x 10, 10

*Warm-up: I'm going to start every workout with 10-15 minutes of cardio. Right now I am more concerned with getting some general conditioning back, so it doesn't matter if 15 minutes of cardio forces me to use slightly lighter weights later in the workout

**Prep Complex: I'm sure most of you have read tons and tons about complexes. Its just a fancy way of saying 4 or more movements done with one barbell or one set of dumbbells, without ever setting the load down.

I had to go VERY light on these because I'm pretty out of shape right now. The weight itself was light, but my heart was about to burst by the time I got to thrusters. I'm going to do one of a handful of predetermined barbell or dumbbell complexes at every workout. These will also get me much closer to the level of conditioning I'm after.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing