21 MAR: Strength and Conditioning

Let me start by saying Sunday, 20 MAR, was freaking awesome. The whole family went out to a park. My wife did the Countdown From Hell workout with a 35lb dumbbell and finished in 7:33. While that was going on, I was pitching balls to my son. I got him a Louisville Slugger from Wal-Mart, and we've already gotten our $15 worth. :)

Later, I played on the playscape with my daughter, then helped her whittle a stick with the knife I got her for Christmas.

THAT is a great day off!

On to the workout.

My work schedule is going to be jam packed, so I crammed in a lot into today's workout.

Conditioning:
Partial Countdown:
a. T-bell swing: 10 - 9 - 8 - 7
b. Goblet squat: 10 - 9 - 8 - 7


Strength Work:
Since the conditioning was so leg / hip dominant, I did the workout in reverse.
  1. Incline db bench press: 55s x 8, 8, 8, 8
  2. Neutral grip pulldown: 140 x 8, 8, 8
  3. Rope grip seated row: 90 x 8, 8, 8
  4. FBGM: 95 x 8, 8, 8
  5. Leg press: 330 x 15, 15, 15

I am wobbly, and I don't mean just my legs. My whole being is wobbly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing