19 MAR: Conditioning

I can tell my rehab stage is over. I didn't make it to the gym on Friday. I had the day off, so I took the kids to the rodeo. We walked all over and rode so many rides and played so many games. My favorite ride was the mechanical bull. I only did it once, and I OWNED it! I must have stayed on for 20 to 30 seconds. My the time I fell, my right hand grip was shot and the insides of my legs were bruised to hell. I had to stretch out a good bit this morning to loosen up. I've never worked my hip adductors like THAT before!

Today was a great workout. I got in some pullups and broke out the Ghetto-bell for some conditioning.

  1. Pull-up ladder: 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4: 30 reps total
  2. 63lb T-bell Countdown, untimed
    a. Swing: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    b. Goblet squat: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    c. Sprawl: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

This countdown is my all-time favorite. In addition to the getting gassed with the weight on the 1st 2 moves, the sprawls completely disrupt your breathing, so you never fully recover. I had to take breaks after 10s, 9s, 8s, 7s, and 5s. I'll shoot for fewer breaks next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing