27 APR: Kickboxing workout

Today was harder for my training partner than me. I couldn't find the stopwatch, so we used a round timer. Durting the heavy-bag work, he got the pleasure of working the 2 minute portion, and I was stuck working the 1 minute portion. :)

Warm-up: 4 rounds (2min work / 1 min rest)
  1. jump rope: 2 rounds
  2. 5 burpees + spiderman crawl to end of driveway*: 2 rounds

Heavy bag work: 10 rounds (me - 1min work / 2 min rest)
I normally like to work more, but since I only had my round timer, I opted to work the rest period and let my buddy work the normal 2min round. We did gobs and gobs and gobs of knees, hooks, elbows/forearms, and combinations thereof.

* 5 burpees + spiderman crawl. I hadn't done spiderman crawls in a long while. What an awesome total body movement. I felt it in my obliques, hip flexors, and all of my upper body pushing muscles. The added bonus of the awkward postions mean that breathing is difficult. I'll be doing this little combo much more often!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing