4MAY: shot put

I got my new shot put, ehhh, balls? shot?. Regardless of proper terminology, the 12lb and 16lb steel balls I ordered came in on Wednesday. I took them out to the park and did some playing.

I did gobs and gobs of standing throws with just twisting motion. Then I did gobs and gobs of throws with glide technique. After that I did a few with the Olympic style throw, and I sucked at it.

Then I started experimenting. I used both balls to do a variety of ballistic / plyometric throws


  • underhand throws behind me

  • chest pass

  • slams

  • diagonal throwing and swinging

After that, I played on the chin-up bars, doing a variety of kipping pullups, chin-ups, and swinging drills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing