Night of the Living Barbies

What an unusual night at the gym. A group of 6 or 8 guys were doing leg day, so the squat racks and barbells were in short supply. No big deal for me, as it was horizontal push-pull + arms day.

But what was really unusual was that there were about ten or so ladies training under the head Barbie. Now granted, about three or four of these ladies have very competitive physiques, but the rest were simply skinny. Not lean necessarily, just skinny arms and legs.

It's cool that they are training as a group, and it is totally cool that they are looking to a vet for (questionable) guidance. What really got under my skin was that the assembled a collection of dumbbells and barbells that seemed to just sit on the sidelines while they skipped, flapped, and posed. They used a couple barbells just as a barier for jumping over. I actually had to do machine curls since I couldn't get a barbell.

At one point, one of them walked through the gym in her posing outfit; a tiny velvet thong and bra with lots of faux diamonds. I just felt bad that I didn't have any "ones" on me.

Like I said, I'm not so much judging as just commenting on the weirdest damn day at the gym. I'll post my workout results later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing