4 SEP: 5K run

This Saturday morning was perfect for a run. The temperature is finally getting cool. I'd say it was 70-72 degrees at most. My 8yr old son came with me on his BMX bike. This was the fastest I ran around Lake Pflugerville in at least a year, maybe more. I did my best to keep up with Evil Knievel, but I couldn't. I started at a regular aerobic-pace job, but started striding it out after about the first 1/2 mile. I kept that race pace up through mile marke 2.00, then had to slow down till we hit 2.75. I ran the last 1/4+ as fast as I could. I was damn near a sprint, but couldn't sustain the pace the full 500-600 yards.

I didn't time it, but I've done enough 5Ks to know what sub-28min feels like. Not too bad. I'll be shooting for 27 minutes next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing