19FEB: Back to my roots

Man it feels to good to be on a track again.  I started this blog when I was competing in jiujitsu and MMA.  Back then it was bodyweight work, ultra-basic barbell work, and tons of time at the track.  I lived next door to a high school track and it was amazing.  I got in some of the best workouts of my life.  Well I'm through the first winter in my new house as a single man, and I live within walking distance of a very VERY large park, Old Settler's in Round Rock.  I made full use of the fields today.
  1. 1/2 mile walk to the park
  2. Loose skips:  4 x 40yds
  3. A skips:    4 x 40 yards
  4. Plyo skips:  4 x 40yds
  5. Walking football kicks:  2 x 40 yds
  6. 100yd accelerations* on 5-10 degree incline x 5
  7. 20 yd steep hill sprints x 5
  8. 1/2 mile walk to my house
*Accelerations: I'm not ready for full tilt sprints yet.  An acceleration is exactly as it sounds.  you start slow and build speed gradually so you are at top speed by the finish line.  This gives your hams time to get used to the strain of full speed sprinting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing