14FEB: day1 of rehab

What a great day! I started it out right, kept it up all day long, and ended it right.

AM: Fasted Cardio

I did 1 hour of cardio before my first meal of the day. Before heading out the door, I had a simple supplement drink which contains 2 grams of L-leucine. I used my fight training round timer to break the run. 3 minutes of walking/jogging, followed by 30 seconds of top speed 100% effort sprint. Using this method, I covered just under 5 miles. Since I was walking the majority of the time, that means I was really flying (by my standards) during the 30 second efforts.

Density Training*

This is far and away the fastest way to shed body fat, improve your anaerobic endurance, and get "The Fit Look". I haven't trained in about two weeks, and still managed to beat my numbers.

  1. Block 1: 10 minutes of
    a) Squat jumps = 95 total reps
    b) Neutral grip pulldown = 60 total reps @ 130lbs
  2. Block 2: 10 minutes of
    a) Push-ups = 65 total reps
    b) Hanging leg raise = 70 total reps
  3. Rehab work:
    Flat back goodmorning: 65 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Time for night night. :) I'll be up at 5:00 AM for sprints.

Density Training: I posted this a few weeks ago as a simple synopsis of Density Training.

My rehab phase will utilize a variant of Charles Staley's Density Training. It's essentially a simple means to auto-regulate intensity. Pick 2 movements, and alternate them for a set time (10 mins in my case). Each time you perform that workout, you shoot for more reps in the same time. That's progressive intensity in it's simplest. The nice thing about this type of training is that is produces PROFOUND improvement in endurance, but also has a nice side benefit of building muscle density.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing