Scottish Game on Cinco de Mayo

Man, I'm happy with my progress thus far in 2013.  I threw against 7 other guys and came in 3rd.  I had some big increases in most throws, and fell apart on others.

  1. Braemar stone: 26', 9.5"  -  added 2 feet to my PR
  2. Open stone:  30', 4.5"  -  same.  need technique work
  3. Heavy WFD:  18' 11"   - dropped a foot, but clearly have 22 in my near future!
  4. Light WFD:   41' 1"  -  shit the bed.  I over thought it and never got my feet under me for any of these throws.  I have 50+ in me
  5. Heavy hammer:  58' 5"  -  another bed shitting.  
  6. Light hammer: 74' 6"  -  same as ever, but I had one throw at 86' 1" that didn't count because I stepped over the fault line (AKA Trig).  That's a 12' increase in my normal distance.
  7. Caber:  12:45   -  not bad
  8. Sheaf:  18'  -   Judge said once I get a little form I'll be throwing 24'.  Can't wait till that happens.  :)
  9. Weight Over Bar:  11'   -  same as my previous best.  I need more rack pulls, cleans, and snatches to get this up to 12'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing