19 DEC: Arms and Abs

Is it just me or does that sound stupid?  "Today was arms and abs day."  Well, be that as it may, it serves a purpose.  One of the planned movements for today was weighted dips, but I can't find my gear bag, so I didn't have my dip belt.  Instead I just banged out bodyweight dips for higher reps.

  1. Warm-up (to get muscle, but more importantly ELBOW ready for higher loads)
    a. incline dumbbell curl:  22.5s x 12, 10
    b. overhead dumbbell extension:  45 x 12, 10
     
  2. EZ-bar curl: 65x7; 75x5; 85x3; 70x7; 80x5; 90x3
  3. Dips:  BW x 10, 10, 5

    Then I did went back and forth on the machine curl and machine tricep extension, just to push some blood.  I went light and did 4 rapid fire sets of 10, not resting at all from bicep to tricep work.
  4. Elbow plank:  3 x 35 seconds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing