1 DEC: Hiking

My wife and I went for a Saturday morning hike at a cool, little known spot.  The trails were popular when I was a kid, but by the looks of things Saturday morning, they haven't been walked by more than a handful of people in the last 5 - 10 years.  The weeds had overgrown the trails, and there weren't any signs of wrappers, garbage, or litter of any sort.

Because the trails had be reclaimed by nature, we had a rough, slow-going 6 mile round trip.  The terrain varied from riverbed, to sandy loam, to granite outcroppings.  The constant up and down and uneven footing taxed my ankles, knees, and even core.

I stopped at almost ever boulder to do some low-level free climbing and jumped from rock to rock, clearing some nice gaps from as high up as 10 feet.

That's the most tired such a short hike has ever made me.  It was a fun challenge.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing