weekend fun; 1-2 MAY

Saturday was one of those blessed days where everything happens perfectly! We had a chance of shows and temps supposed to be on the cool side, but we got into the 80s and the sky was gorgeous!!!

We took the kids to Colorado Bend state park and spent about 8 hours outdoors. 4 hours of kayaking, a late picnic, some fishing, a short hike, and swimming made for an absolutely perfect day.

We rented two 2-person kayaks. My wife and I rowed while the kids sat up front and just 'kicked it'. Round trip was about 2 miles. Not much compared to what we normally do, but we had 50 or 70 extra pounds, depending on who was riding with us. That was EXHAUSTING on the lower back and hip-flexors.

My son and I took the dog for a 1.25 mile jog on Sunday evening. I was impressed that my 7 yr old boy could sustain a jog for that distance.

This was a great change of pace from the usual solitary pursuit of fitness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing