14 MAY: short upper body workout

I didn't have a lot of available time, so again, I dropped the ancillary stuff and just pounded the key lifts.

  1. Wide grip pullup: 5, 3, 5
  2. Medium grip pullup: 6, 5, 4
  3. Close grip chinup: 5, 4
  4. Overhead press: 135 x 5; 145 x 5; 150 x 5*

*OH Press @ 150 x 5. Unless I'm mistaken, that's a new personal record for me. I don't recall ever doing that many reps with 150!!!!! I have my new goal set of 185 x 10. That is probably 6-12 months away, but it is a line in the sand none the less.

On a side note, I was reminded that getting below a certain degree of body fat% is genetic. I worked out with a long time friend of mine. he and i were training on and off a year ago, and it have been easily 6-9 months since he trained. Despite all that, he is probably at 8% BF!!!! Without even training, he has razor-edged lines seperating his delts from biceps and triceps. I can see where his traps end and his rhomboids or lats start. Sure, he has lost some strength and size, but the reality remains that diet and exercise can only take you as far as your genetic limits; not beyond!!!! As much fat as I've lost, and as much muscle as I've added, I still just see HINTS of definition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing