3 MAR: Punishment

I felt so bad about my crappy noon workout that I decided to punish myself in the evening. My fiance and I went to Lake Pflugerville. Instead of doing our normal 5K lap, we decided to race across the dam. In this picture, you can see the dam along the right. Its a straight-away that is maybe 1000-1200 yards.
We walked down to one end, got on our marks, and ran as fast as we could to the finish. We walked back and did it again. I felt strong start to finish on both runs. I was able to maintain good stride length, good posture, and spring off the balls of my feet the whole time.
We had said we would run thee of these, but by the time we finished two, it was too dark. I can't wait for the time change this weekend!!!!

Comments

plieb said…
I recently head about this thing called POSE running. I tried to do it the other day on the treadmill and it felt pretty weird. its supposed to improve your speed/endurance and lessen injuries when running. basically you kinda keep yur legs under you and fall forward, focusing on rapid turnover (rather than stride length and minimizing vertical displacement.

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing