Slow and steady progress

I've matured more than I ever planned to this last year.  This latest knee injury has resulted in me taking a long term (decades?  lifelong?) view of recovery and progress.  I've been training whole body three times per week, adding a few reps each day.  I need to hit these goals before I start working my usual Power Lifter style Percentage-based strength training.  

My goals:
  • squat: 5 x 30 @ 185
  • chin up:  5 x 10 @ BW
  • Pistols:  This is going to take some time, so I have intermediate goals:
    • 30 per leg, consecutive, on the medium box
    • 30 per leg,consecutive, on the low box
    • 30 per leg,consecutive, on a pair of airex pads
    • 15 consecuutive full Pistols per leg
  • Overhead press: 3 x 15 @ 135
  • Bench press:  3 x 15 @ 185
  • deadlift:  5 x 10 @ 315
These are some silly little weights and are well below my pre-injury maxes, but I seldom focus on goals outside of 1 rep max.  This change in focus / perspective has forced me to think more about form, safety, long-term progress, and leanness.  I'm very excited!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing