4 FEB: weak little drumsticks

In case I haven't mentioned this in a while, my wife and I have a bet next month. A race to the top of Enchanted Rock. Its about 1/2 miles if laid flat but covers maybe 200 ft of vertical climb. The loser has to buy the winner a G. Loomis GL3 fishing rod. The sdtakes are high in my book. Jaime is a juggernaut when it comes to work output. She might not be faster than me, but she can sustain a pace damn near indefinitely.

I'm all about speed and explosiveness, but that won't win this particular race. So here was what I did on Thursday:

1) Jump rope: ~8 mins all together. My shins and calves were on fire
2) Box jumps: 5, 6 6, 8, 7, 8, 4 (30 inch platform)
3) Jump rope: another ~4-5 minutes
4) Treadmill: 1/2 mile at 5mph @ 10 degrees incline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing