7 JUL: Hiking

Today was incredible.  My wife and I hiked 16 miles in 6 hours.  We parked near Deep Eddy swimming pool in Austin, then took the MoPac bridge to the Ladybird Lake hike & bike trail.  We took that trail to Zilker Park, and headed righ to the Barton Creek Greenbelt.  We took every detour we could find, picking our way through trails that had fallen into disuse and were overrun with weeds, and walking through the dry creek bed.  We ended just a little shy of Twin Falls.

On the way back, I got a little turned around and we added an extra 3 - 4 miles to our return trip.  "My bad, honey!"

I haven't been this tired since I don't know when.  A little pizza from Home Slice and 2 glasses of wine with Season 2 of the Sopranos made for an excellent recovery evening.  :)

Oh, and my wife made AMAZING bannana bread.  Time for bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

13JAN2015: More boxing

The Warrior's Path