life and death interfere

I haven't trained since Wednesday. My ex called me on Thursday and informed me that her dad, who has been getting treatment for cancer since 2007, was expected to die that week. My kids were understandable distraught as they've lived with their grandparents and mom (when they aren't with me) since 2006.

He passed away Sunday afternoon, 10 JAN 2010. My youngest has woken up every night since Wednesday, between midnight and 2:00 AM, which means I've had to take him back to his bed, spend time talking and soothing him. My wife and I spent all of this past weekend entertaining the kids and keeping their minds off of their grief.

It has been time well spent, but I haven't had the physical, mental, or emotional energy needed for training.

I am continually amazed at the strength of faith my children display. They are rooted in Christ, and He is clearly rooted in them. I pray I have the strength and wisdom to keep them on this path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing