15JUN: cardio fun day

My wife and I went to the gym together for the first time in quite some time.  She isn't a member at my gym, but got a free day pass.  Since we had time on our hands, i made this one count.

  1. lots of stretching (down-dog, cobra, hurdler stretch, front splits that are far from complete, hamstrings, quad stretches) foam rolling (piriformis, IT band, back), shoulder 'dislocations' with stick
  2. Step-mill:  10 mins at level 4.  Not so bad when I can crack jokes to my wife about my stair climbing ineptitude.
  3. Goofy hand crank cardio machine: 10 minutes.  This thing looks like a bicycle crank with handles.  I set it to intervals and it definitely got my shoulders and arms warm while raising my heart rate and breathing.
  4. Recumbent bicycle: 14 minutes while maintaining heart rate at 160 according to a questionable built-in heart rate monitor.  It honestly felt easy.
  5. Playing with a 55lb kettlebell:  clean & press; snatches; 1-arm swings; windmills
  6. more stretching very similar to #1.
  7. sauna for 5 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing