1JUN: HG practice

More Highland Games practice.  We've got a pretty solid group now, with ample equipment to get real work done.

  1. Braemar stone:  My form has improved dramatically this year.  I've added 2-3 feet over any previous best. I may hit 30' before end of the year
  2. Open Stone:  I'm trying to transition out of the Glide to the Modified South African method.  My glide is fine and will put me in the hunt with Amateur Cs, but I need to get the MSA down if I want to hang with the Bs.
  3. Heavy WFD:  I suck at this.  I'm above novice, and respectably in the C distances, but nothing close to Top Three.  I know I can bring this up to at least a consistent 21' before end of year.  Its just in the timing.
  4. Light WFD:  I'm already throwing further in practice than I have in competition.  45' won't wow the crowd, but it'll keep me competitive.
  5. Caber:  Still my best event.  As my grip strength improves, it just keeps getting easier.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing