26 DEC: MMS-4

The frequency is crushing me.  I'm not sure I can eat enough to recovery for this 3-day rotation.  I am stiff, sore, and hungry all day every day.  Thank God I have 2 weeks off to give this a solid effort.

Since it was below freezing for the first time since February, I warmed up in the sauna.  Lots of static stretching and bodyweight movements.  After that, 3 minutes on the stepmill to get my heart pumping.  Really, 3 minutes is all it take on the stepmill.  That thing is torture.

  1. bench press:  215 x 2,3,5,2,3,5; 205 x 7
  2. Bat wings:  5 x 10sec holds with 45lbs.  Easy.
    next time:  50lbs
  3. 1-arm overhead press:  55 x 2,3,5,2,3,5
    right shoulder still hurts.  Will cease shooting heavy recurve for a while and see if that helps.  If not, will reduce frequency to Mon & Fri, instead of every 3 days
  4. Complex: 3 x 5 at 95lbs
    a. row
    b. clean
    c. squat
    d. overhead press
    e. front squat
    I switched the order a bit to give my wrist a break.  It was too hard to go from FS to OHP without setting the bar down and adjusting my grip.
  5. Back Squat:  115 x 30, 30, 30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing