2 JAN: 6hr ice bath

My desire to push myself can be just plain lead me into some silly or even dumb situations sometimes. My wife and I decided to get an early start and fish the Guadalupe River on Saturday morning. We got out there and were a little disappointed that 100% of the river access is via private land and day passes. We paid for river access just south of the dam at Canyon Lake, and fished the short stretch of land from the bank. After getting a bit frustrated at how small the land access was, I decided to wade-fish. The only problem was that I didn't have any waders.

Long story made short: I waded in ~50 degree water for 6 hours, and the outside temperature ranged from 45 to 50 degrees as well.

I was exhausted when we got home last night, and slept for 13 hours.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing