God bless antibiotics

I was sick for over two weeks.  I tried to get eat well, stay hydrated, and let nature take its course, but it wasn't getting any better, so i went to the doctor last week and was prescribed antibiotics.  What a massive difference!!!!!  I'm going easy in the gym for three reasons:

  1. its been a month since I have lifted consistently
  2. I'm now training in the morning and have to get used to this
  3. I'm still taking antibiotics and not fully recovered
That said, here is today shabby little day1 workout
  1. nice long warmup, including Agile-8, and Turkish  Getups with a 30# KB
  2. alternating box pistols: 14, 16
  3. split squat: 85 x 10/10, 10/10
  4. straight leg deadlift: 155 x 12, 12, 0
  5. a. pushup: 10, 10, 10
    b. TRX row: 25, 15, 17
  6. a.  Arnold press: 25s x 12, 12
    b. supine grip pulldown: 105 x 12,12
Just some movement with very little load to break off the rust and loosen up my joints. Boxing will be much more intense than this tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intro to Calisthenics

The Warrior's Path

13JAN2015: More boxing